Letitia Wright, the star of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” has heavily criticized The Hollywood Reporter for running a story that seemed to associate her with “men who have been accused of abuse & sexual misconduct.”

A recent piece regarding how Wright, Will Smith, and Brad Pitt may be affected by “personal controversy” during award season was published by the news outlet on Monday.

In the article, all three actors’ prospects of winning Oscars were reportedly compared in the article to those of other directors and actors that have previously been accused or charged with physical or sexual assault.

The Black Panther actress responded to the publication’s post on her Instagram Story moments ago, tagging THR and its executive editor and writer of the piece, Scott Feinberg:

“I had to unblock @hollywoodreporter just to post this. Scott Feinberg and all at this publication. You’re all incredibly disrespectful,” Wright began. “How dare you. You mentioned my name alongside men who have been accused of abuse & sexual misconduct. This is vile behavior. At this point a personal vendetta towards me.”

 

Addressing Feinberg directly, Wright wrote:

“This personal agenda with your friends at @hollywoodreporter is disgusting. I’ve remained silent as the world told me to kill myself two years ago for a video I posted and apologized for. I kept my head down and focused on my craft. And now I’m at the other side of it. Here you are, as a so called journalist we are meant to trust, putting my name into this nasty article for what?”

 

Wright then asserted: “I worked my ass off with my cast and crew to dedicate it to my Brother. How dare you,” she wrote, as she referenced the success of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.”

The 29-year-old also responded to the article’s inclusion of her previously shared anti-COVID vaccination conspiracy video on social media.

She wrote on her IG Story:

“I’ve done nothing wrong but respectfully refused to do interviews with this publication. Stop your nonsense. I apologized TWO years ago. Remained silent on the topic. You lied and said I continued talking about it with my cast & crew on my set. THIS WAS NOT TRUE. ASK MY PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR. Your agenda towards me is now even more clear. I won’t remain silent. Stop your disgusting behavior.”

For the first time since 2020, Wright addressed the anti-vax controversy in an interview with the Guardian and stated that she has apologized and “moved on” from the topic.

Wright explained, “I feel it’s something I experienced two years ago and I have in a healthy way moved on. And in a healthy way, I’ve apologized and deleted my Twitter. I just apologized for any hurt that was caused to anybody.”

Speaking to Insider, a spokesperson for The Hollywood Reporter said:

“I sincerely appreciate the feedback and dialogue surrounding this column. While the intent was not to equate Letitia Wright’s situation with others mentioned in the article and we underscored that in the story (which was assigned to Scott), we also understand that some saw this in a different way.

Adding, “We have featured Letitia on our cover and cited her great talent in reviews and look forward to continuing to chronicle her career.”

Mingle